Race & Practice Schedule
Road Closing Times
|Tuesday 14th May||Practice||9.15am – 3.00pm|
|Thursday 16th May||Practice||9.15am – 3.00pm|
|Thursday 16th May||Evening Racing||5.00pm – 9.00pm|
|Saturday 18th May||Race Day||9.15am – 7.00pm|
Additional information for 2019 Road Closing
The Road Races (Amendment) Act (Northern Ireland) 2014 has now been approved by the Northern Ireland Assembly and received Royal Assent. The changes to the road closing legislation now give the organisers of the International North West 200, in exceptional circumstances, the ability to move a practice or race day, either one day forward or one day back, giving 24 hours notice to the Department for Infrastructure.
Should extreme weather be forecast, the 2019 contingency days could be: Wednesday 15th May and Friday 17th May 2019.
In lieu of using one of the above full contingency days, organisers may also extend the road closing times on Tuesday 14th and Saturday 18th May 2019 as follows:
|Existing Road Closing||Contingency|
|9.15am - 3.00pm||5.00pm - 9.00pm|
|9.15am - 7.00pm||7.00pm - 9.00pm|
Any subsequent amendment to the race week schedule will be advised to the public via the International North West 200 website, BBC NI TV & Radio and the NW200 Facebook and Twitter feed.
All those who could be affected are reminded that any variation in race or practice schedule will only happen due to extreme weather conditions. Ticket holders and those attending all race week events are advised to keep up to date with any changes announced.
Roads in Countries & Antrim comprising the Course
- Route B185 (Station Road – Cromore Road), from its junction with Portrush Road, Portstewart, Route A2, to its junction with University Park, Coleraine Unclassified No.3522.
- Route A29, Ring Road Coleraine, from its junction with Cromore Road, Route B185, to its junction with Bushmills Road Roundabout, Route A29.
- Route A29 (Atlantic Road – Coleraine Road – Eglinton Street), from its junction with Burn Road, Coleraine, Unclassified No.3526, to its junction with Sandhill Drive, Portrush, Unclassified No.3543.
- Route A2 (Portstewart Road – Dhu Varren – Ballyreagh Road – Portrush Road – Portmore Road) from its junction with Coleraine Road, Portrush, Route A29, to its junction with Atlantic Circle, Portstewart, Unclassified No.3534.
- Unclassified No.3303 Glenmanus Road, Portrush, from its junction with Glenvale Crescent, Unclassified No.3545, for a distance of 100 metres in a southerly direction.
- Route A2 Crocknamack Road, Portrush, from its junction with Eglinton Street, Unclassified No.3543, to its junction with Hopefield Avenue, Unclassified No.3304.