Race Circuit Set Up and Safety Equipment Team
“ The Course Team spend over six weeks preparing for the event.”
The Course Team will spend over six weeks preparing for the event setting up the race circuit with over 6 miles of security fencing and signage. In addition, the Course Hardware team installs a wide range of race safety equipment including 800+ large safety bales. It takes a further two weeks to strip down the circuit after the event. The whole emphasis is on rider and spectator safety.
This team is responsible for all the hardware placed around the course as described in the event safety plan.
Volunteers maybe involved in all or some of the tasks below:
- Erect fencing for safety around circuit
- Set up enclosures for spectators and trade stands
- Painting on course
- Erecting information and directional signs
- General maintenance
- Driving a forklift with implements on circuit placing bales
- Ability to volunteer as part of a proactive and busy team
- Good level of physical fitness
- Possible challenges may include variable weather conditions and heavy lifting